Apple Cobbler Recipe
A treasured family recipe, this cobbler is a delicious old-fashioned dessert. It travels well and slices nicely, so it's perfect for picnics or tailgate parties. We like apples, but you can use your favorite fruit. -Rita Reifenstein, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- 2. In another bowl, lightly beat eggs and vanilla; add to crumb mixture. With a fork, gently mix in milk to moisten. Stir until dough forms a ball. Press half of the dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Chill the remaining dough.
- 3. Toss apples with tapioca, cinnamon and remaining sugar; place over dough in pan. On a lightly floured surface, roll chilled dough to fit top of pan. Place over apples. Brush with milk. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC