Apple Cobbler Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- In another bowl, lightly beat eggs and vanilla; add to crumb mixture. With a fork, gently mix in milk to moisten. Stir until dough forms a ball. Press half of the dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Chill the remaining dough.
- Toss apples with tapioca, cinnamon and remaining sugar; place over dough in pan. On a lightly floured surface, roll chilled dough to fit top of pan. Place over apples. Brush with milk. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Cobbler(4)
Sort By :
I was going to make this till I read the reviews!
Dough never formed a ball. Came out very dry. Would not make again.
There was not enough moisture called for to allow the apples to cook and the tapioca to make a sauce. The apple filling was not edible.
The crust was too thick; there were not enough apples, it was like a crust on crust sandwich. I could not serve this to company.