Apple Citrus Salad Recipe
This sweet-tart salad is perfect for on-the-go couples like us. My husband, John, and I enjoy quick, satisfying weekday suppers for just the two of us. On weekends, we like to cook for our three grown children and their families.—Sandra Baratka, Phillips, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together lemonade concentrate, honey, oil and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- 2. On individual salad plates, arrange apple slices and orange sections over a bed of shredded lettuce or cabbage. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and top with cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 505 calories, 29 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC