Apple Citrus Salad Recipe
This sweet-tart salad is perfect for on-the-go couples like us. My husband, John, and I enjoy quick, satisfying weekday suppers for just the two of us. On weekends, we like to cook for our three grown children and their families.—Sandra Baratka, Phillips, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemonade concentrate, honey, oil and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- On individual salad plates, arrange apple slices and orange sections over a bed of shredded lettuce or cabbage. Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and top with cashews. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Citrus Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p22
Reviews for Apple Citrus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review