Apple Citrus Cider Recipe
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole allspice
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice, pineapple juice concentrate, sugar and lemon slices. Place the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Discard spice bag. Stir in lemon-lime soda; cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 158 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Apple Citrus Cider
"Can you give the amount of Pineapple Concentrate that is used in the recipe. I only see the 8 cups of apple."