Apple Citrus Cider Recipe
- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole allspice
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice, pineapple juice concentrate, sugar and lemon slices. Place the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Discard spice bag. Stir in lemon-lime soda; cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 158 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (38g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Apple Citrus Cider
"Can you give the amount of Pineapple Concentrate that is used in the recipe. I only see the 8 cups of apple."