- 8 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole allspice
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice, pineapple juice concentrate, sugar and lemon slices. Place the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Discard spice bag. Stir in lemon-lime soda; cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Apple Citrus Cider in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p42
Reviews for Apple Citrus Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2013
Can you give the amount of Pineapple Concentrate that is used in the recipe. I only see the 8 cups of apple.