I uses refrigerated biscuits to assemble these turnovers in a jiffy. They also have a easy filling made with chopped apples and applesauce which tastes delicious. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, these golden treats get rave reviews!—Robin Stevens, Cadiz, Kentucky
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the apple, applesauce, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Separate biscuits; roll out each into a 6-in. circle.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Place a heaping tablespoonful of apple mixture in the center of each. Fold in half and pinch edges to seal. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cinnamon Turnovers in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p7
Reviews for Apple Cinnamon Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review