Around our house, Saturday breakfasts are a time to relax. So I like to serve my family's favorite French toast topped with this homemade syrup. After such a satisfying meal, everyone slowly eases into their hectic day ahead.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar, water, butter and
- cornstarch and cinnamon to a boil; boil for 2 minutes until thick.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add apples; cook for 10-12 minutes or until
- apples are tender. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 102 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.