- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful over each muffin.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews for Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins(4)
Sort By :
Super simple to make and absolutely delicious. Huge hit at work with several asking for the recipe. Definite keeper!!
Awesome muffins. I am a chocoholic and typically do not care for fruit desserts, but these could almost make me give up chocolate.
I made this into a 9x9 coffee cake. Baked at 400 for about 40 minutes. Used brown sugar in the topping rather than white sugar and drizzled icing over the top once it had cooled. Delicious!
My family loves these muffins. I add a little ground nutmeg and use brown sugar instead of white. I usually make 18 smaller muffins too. If you can get them cool before they are gone, they freeze well too. I usually leave the peel on my apples, but that is personal preference. Don't skimp on the apples -- a little more is much preferable to not enough.