- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful over each muffin.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews for Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins(6)
Sort By :
These muffins taste great! I made some adjustments. I used 1 cup whole wheat flour along with 1 cup all purpose flour. I used 2 cups chopped apples, but next time, I would shred them instead. I used about 1/2 a cup of brown sugar in place of white sugar. I will definitely make these again!
These muffins are very moist and tender, I added extra apples to the recipe so the muffins were larger and required an extra seven minutes of cooking time. They came out of the oven beautiful and the whole neighborhood was delighted by the smell.
Super simple to make and absolutely delicious. Huge hit at work with several asking for the recipe. Definite keeper!!
Awesome muffins. I am a chocoholic and typically do not care for fruit desserts, but these could almost make me give up chocolate.
I made this into a 9x9 coffee cake. Baked at 400 for about 40 minutes. Used brown sugar in the topping rather than white sugar and drizzled icing over the top once it had cooled. Delicious!