Pieces of tender apples appear in every bite of these pretty muffins. The streusel topping is nicely seasoned with cinnamon and sugar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful over each muffin.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Originally published as Apple Streusel Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p13
Reviews for Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review