- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plus 4 teaspoons melted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine cream and 1/2 cup butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- For filling, in a large skillet, melt butter. Add apples; saute until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently split warm shortcakes in half horizontally. Top bottom halves with apple mixture; replace tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Apple-Cinnamon Shortcakes
Sort By :
"@ Lynsin you are the only one that has negative comments about this, looks like everyone else has good things to say. And as the saying goes opinions are like azzholes everyone has one. To me this would be great for that one time of year through the Holidays to make."
"Wouldn't try this as good as it seems. Too much fat and cholesterol though buttermilk could probably be substituted for the cream and or my gosh the calories. From someone without cholesterol. LynsIn"
"This was delicious! Very easy to make too. I also got more shortcakes then what the recipe said. I had to taste one before serving it and it was so good by itself. My apples did get a little mushy. Does any one know what type of apple would work best for this recipe?"
"Very Good! The only change we made was to double the filling/apple mixture. Great dessert for a cool fall day! The shortcakes are very tender and wonderful served warm."
"So yummy thank you !!!!!!"