Apple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
I like to serve these cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. This recipe is great because it can be prepared a day early and makes big portions.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup grated peeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2-1/4 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; let rest for 10 minutes. Roll into a 12-in. square. Sprinkle crumb mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges; top with apple and pecans.
- 4. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seams to seal. Cut into nine slices. Place cut side up in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- 5. Uncover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 9 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 642 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 95 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC