Apple Cinnamon Puffs Recipe
When I was growing up on a farm, my mother always made homemade bread and rolls. Walking home from school, I think I could smell the bread baking a mile away! I've always liked to try new dishes...fortunately, my husband also likes to eat them! We have an apple tree, so I'm always looking for different apple recipes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add warm water, oil and egg. Blend on low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes on medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in remaining flour to make a soft dough. Stir in apples. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes (do not cover). Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. For topping, combine sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Dip tops of warm puffs in melted butter, then sprinkle with sugar mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC