Apple Cinnamon Puffs Recipe
When I was growing up on a farm, my mother always made homemade bread and rolls. Walking home from school, I think I could smell the bread baking a mile away! I've always liked to try new dishes...fortunately, my husband also likes to eat them! We have an apple tree, so I'm always looking for different apple recipes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add warm water, oil and egg. Blend on low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes on medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in remaining flour to make a soft dough. Stir in apples. Spoon into 12 well-greased muffin cups. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes (do not cover). Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. For topping, combine sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Dip tops of warm puffs in melted butter, then sprinkle with sugar mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 195 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Apple Cinnamon Puffs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC