- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; cool slightly. With a paring knife, cut about sixteen 3-in.-deep slits in sides of roast; insert one apple slice into each slit.
- Place half of the remaining apples in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Place roast over apples. Drizzle with honey; top with onion and remaining apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove pork and apple mixture; keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve with pork and apple mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin
"My family didn't like this. They didn't like the combination of apples and onions and I guess 7 hours in the crock dried it out. I didn't think it was too bad but I won't make it again."
"I made changes but used this as my inspiration. I used a pork shoulder roast instead. And yellow onion (its all i had) . I did not use parsley. And only sprinkled the cinnamon on top. The roast came out super moist and yummy. I served it on a bed of mashed sweet potatoes, with the cooked Apple's and oinions. And instead of the recommended sauce.. I took some spicy hot bbq sauce added some water and brown sugar and cooked it up until it was a little sticky.. poured that on top! Oh yeah!.."
"This was a fantastic pork recipe, and it came out great in the crock pot, not dry at all and great flavors - we served it with baked beans - great combination. Another bonus, it was low calorie!"
"This pork loin dish was very disappointing. Smelled good while cooking all day. It was dry, not enough juice (definitely not enough to cook in half even if I wanted to), and too much cinnamon. I cooked in the crock pot for 7 1/2 hours. The juice when served does help a little with the dryness. I ended up tossing what pork was left after supper. Didn't care for it enough to even have a second meal. I fixed per the directions."
"Loved this! I left out the parsley as well......the house smells so good when it's cooking!!"
"this was the best pork from the crock pot! i did not top with parsley."
"This was excellent! My husbands new favorite. I saw that some people said it was dry so I added a 1/2 cup of water and cooked about 6 hrs on low. So tender you could cut it with a fork and very juicy."
"This was very easy and very good!"
"Oh so yummy"
"did not have honey so I used apple juice."