Apple Cinnamon Omelet
This sweet and savory omelet is a cinch to whip up! —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the apple, sugar and cinnamon in 1
- tablespoon butter. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet
- (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon apple mixture
- on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a
- plate. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet (calculated without whipped cream) equals 476 calories, 38 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 695 mg cholesterol, 667 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.