Apple Cinnamon Omelet Recipe
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the apple, sugar and cinnamon in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon apple mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 1 serving.
1 omelet (calculated without whipped cream) equals 476 calories, 38 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 695 mg cholesterol, 667 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.