- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the apple, sugar and cinnamon in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon apple mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Apple Cinnamon Omelet in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Apple Cinnamon Omelet(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2012
Its a sweet surprise in the middle of the omelet. The next time I make it, I will use less butter and one less egg.