Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Mix Recipe
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup dried apples, diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 8 cups total.
- 2. To prepare oatmeal: Shake mix well. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil; slowly stir in 1/2 cup mix. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 1 minute or until oatmeal reaches desired consistency. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 176 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.