Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. For topping, combine brown sugar and flour. cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in oats and nuts. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 203 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cinnamon Muffins
"Great flavor and very moist. My only mistake was that I finely chopped the apple instead of grating. Tasted great, but didn't look all that pretty. That's what I get for not following instructions. I would make again, but next time grate the apple."
"Very moist and a great way to use up apples!! My family really enjoyed eating these as breakfast muffins."
"Looked for a muffin recipe this morning. Found this and it sounded like a good one!WOW! Really good! They are good sized and I know they will be a hit at the event I'm taking them to tomorrow!"
"This is the second type of apple muffin I made this year and so far this one is the best. I used 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat flour."