- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. For topping, combine brown sugar and flour. cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in oats and nuts. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Cinnamon Muffins
"Very moist and a great way to use up apples!! My family really enjoyed eating these as breakfast muffins."
"Looked for a muffin recipe this morning. Found this and it sounded like a good one!WOW! Really good! They are good sized and I know they will be a hit at the event I'm taking them to tomorrow!"
"This is the second type of apple muffin I made this year and so far this one is the best. I used 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat flour."