Apple-Cinnamon Mini Pies
I came up with the idea for these little pies while snacking on applesauce one night and thought it would make a quick and delicious pie filling. They were a total hit and what's better than an apple pie that you can actually hold in your hand to eat? —Kandy Bingham, Green River, Wyoming
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry
- sheets. Using a floured 3-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut six
- circles from each sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix applesauce with 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar.
- Place 2 teaspoons applesauce mixture on one half of each circle; dot
- with butter. Moisten pastry edges with some of the milk. Fold pastry
- over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining milk;
- sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes or until
- golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm or at room
- temperature. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 mini pie equals 104 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.