I came up with the idea for these little pies while snacking on applesauce one night and thought it would make a quick and delicious pie filling. They were a total hit and what's better than an apple pie that you can actually hold in your hand to eat? —Kandy Bingham, Green River, Wyoming
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Using a floured 3-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut six circles from each sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix applesauce with 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar. Place 2 teaspoons applesauce mixture on one half of each circle; dot with butter. Moisten pastry edges with some of the milk. Fold pastry over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining milk; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apple-Cinnamon Mini Pies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p44
Reviews for Apple-Cinnamon Mini Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review