Apple-Cinnamon Mini Pies Recipe
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Using a floured 3-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut six circles from each sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix applesauce with 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 teaspoons applesauce mixture on one half of each circle; dot with butter. Moisten pastry edges with some of the milk. Fold pastry over filling; press edges with a fork to seal.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining milk; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Apple-Cinnamon Mini Pies(3)
Sort By :
have made these for years EXCEPT I use apple pie filling and add a little more cinnamon....also have used cherry pie filling....any flavor can be used.
I thought that these pies were good, but not spectacular. I made 1 dozen following the recipe and 1 dozen with peach apricot preserves. The apples pies did not have as much flavor as I would have liked, while the ones with the preserves had a much better, fruity flavor to them. I think that there is just so little fruit in the pies that they need something with a bolder flavor than apple to make up for it.
The assembly is not difficult; however, I did find it to be a bit more time consuming than I typically like for a recipe that uses pre-packaged ingredients. If I make this in the future I will most likely just make my own crust and filling.
The pies are very cute and my toddler loved the fact that he could have an entire pie all to himself. He also enjoyed helping me cut the pie crust with cookie cutters. It's great that this recipe is kid-friendly.
I'm so excited about my recipe being featured in Taste of Home. To see this recipe and many more please visit my blog at http://kandyskitchenkreations.blogspot.com/
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Recipes >
- Best Apple Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mini Apple Pies >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Apple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Easy Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Sodium Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Simple Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Desserts >
- Thanksgiving Pie Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- View All Simple Recipes >
- Winning Dessert Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >