Apple Cinnamon Granola Recipe
Granola is a healthier alternative to many snacks and is stored at room temperature. This crunchy treat is great as is or use as a topping to yogurt or as a breakfast cereal with milk.—Rebekah Radewahn, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, oat bran, and almonds; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the concentrate, oil and honey. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal, apples, wheat germ, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Stir in raisins. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
1/2 cup granola equals 248 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC