Apple Cider Sundaes
"I adapted one of my mother's recipes to create this terrific fall snack," recalls Jeanne Lee of Terrace Park, Ohio. "Apple cider makes these sundaes a hit."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine cider, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon
- juice; stir until smooth. Add apples. Bring to a boil; boil and
- stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Serve
- over ice cream. Yield: about 2 cups topping.
Nutritional Facts: One 2-tablespoon serving equals 37 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.