Apple Cider Quick Bread Recipe
This moist, tasty quick bread is packed with tender apples and aromatic spices. Whole wheat flour and wheat germ add a boost of nutrition.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, egg white, cider, yogurt, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the apple, raisins and orange peel.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cider Quick Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC