- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir together all dry ingredients; set aside. Combine cider and vanilla. Add dry ingredients alternately with cider mixture to batter. Mix until well blended. Spoon into a greased 10-in. angel food cake pan or fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. While cake is warm, drizzle half of icing over cake. Serve remaining icing over individual cake servings if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Cider Pound Cake
"I love this cake! I had bought a new bundt pan was eager try it out when I found this recipe. Very good and buttery and the cider and spices really brings fall to mind. The only thing I changed after reading reviews, I wanted to continue the apple cider flavor and made an apple cider glaze in place of the icing recipe submitted. Thumbs up for the cake."
"This cake was delicious! Followed the recipe and got rave reviews from everyone. Cooking time for me had to be longer than recipe called for though."
"I MADE THIS POUND CAKE TODAY THIS IS FABULIOUS I PUT EXTRA ICING ON ITAFTER I REMOVED IT FROM THE PAN AND IT GAVE IT MORE FLAVOR AND AFTERI CUT I DRIZZLED IT OVER THE CAKE IT WOULD EVEN BE BETTER WITH A LITTLEFRESH CUT APPLES MIXED IN WITH THE BATTER BEFORE PUTTING IT IN THEPAN THIS RECPIE IS A WINNER ALLBE TELLING MY FRIENDS AND FAMILYTHAT THIS IS A 5 STAR RATING THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THI RECPIEEASWANN NOVELY OH"
"Words cannot describe how good this cake was although I did drop the sugar in the cake from 3 cups to 2 cups. Three just sounded really excessive and two cups still left it plenty sweet. Everyone in the house loved this (no small task!)."
"Very moist...definitely a keeper!"