- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir together all dry ingredients; set aside. Combine cider and vanilla. Add dry ingredients alternately with cider mixture to batter. Mix until well blended. Spoon into a greased 10-in. angel food cake pan or fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. While cake is warm, drizzle half of icing over cake. Serve remaining icing over individual cake servings if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Cider Pound Cake
Sort By :
"I MADE THIS POUND CAKE TODAY THIS IS FABULIOUS I PUT EXTRA ICING ON ITAFTER I REMOVED IT FROM THE PAN AND IT GAVE IT MORE FLAVOR AND AFTERI CUT I DRIZZLED IT OVER THE CAKE IT WOULD EVEN BE BETTER WITH A LITTLEFRESH CUT APPLES MIXED IN WITH THE BATTER BEFORE PUTTING IT IN THEPAN THIS RECPIE IS A WINNER ALLBE TELLING MY FRIENDS AND FAMILYTHAT THIS IS A 5 STAR RATING THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THI RECPIEEASWANN NOVELY OH"
"Words cannot describe how good this cake was although I did drop the sugar in the cake from 3 cups to 2 cups. Three just sounded really excessive and two cups still left it plenty sweet. Everyone in the house loved this (no small task!)."
"Very moist...definitely a keeper!"