Apple Cider Pie
"Raised on a small farm, I've been cooking for years," writes Elmira Trombetti. She tops fruit filling with a smooth cream cheese layer for a rapid and rich dessert. "I serve it with our family's favorite roast pork dinner," she pens from Paducah, Kentucky.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 envelopes (.74 ounce each) instant spiced cider mix
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (1.5 ounces) crunchy granola bars without raisins, crushed
- Pour pie filling into the crust. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese
- until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and cider mix until light and
- fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over pie filling. Chill until
- set. Just before serving, sprinkle with granola. Yield: 6-8
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Nature Valley Oats 'n' Honey granola bars.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 268 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.