"Raised on a small farm, I've been cooking for years," writes Elmira Trombetti. She tops fruit filling with a smooth cream cheese layer for a rapid and rich dessert. "I serve it with our family's favorite roast pork dinner," she pens from Paducah, Kentucky.
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling with cinnamon
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 envelopes (.74 ounce each) instant spiced cider mix
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (1.5 ounces) crunchy granola bars without raisins, crushed
- Pour pie filling into the crust. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and cider mix until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over pie filling. Chill until set. Just before serving, sprinkle with granola. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cider Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p12