Apple Cider-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cider, honey, vinegar and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the butter, chili powder and apple pie spice. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- 3. Cook the remaining sauce until thickened; spoon over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Warm reserved sauce; serve with ham Yield: 10 servings (1 cup sauce).
6 ounces cooked ham equals 261 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer