Apple Cider-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cider, honey, vinegar and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the butter, chili powder and apple pie spice. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- Cook the remaining sauce until thickened; spoon over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Warm reserved sauce; serve with ham Yield: 10 servings (1 cup sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple Cider-Glazed Ham(6)
Sort By :
Wonderful!! I cut back to only 1 tsp of Chili powder though...was very nice!! :D
I intend to do this on our ham this Christmas. Sounds delicious. Couldn't the sauce be made the day before and then warmed up to coat the ham? Would be easier on the busy cooking day.
TIME CONSUMING ON PREPARATION.
we loved it so much we make it every other month
I don't know what I did wrong, but I couldn't get the glaze to thicken up enough. I probably won't make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >