- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cider, honey, vinegar and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the butter, chili powder and apple pie spice. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- Cook the remaining sauce until thickened; spoon over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Warm reserved sauce; serve with ham Yield: 10 servings (1 cup sauce).
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Apple Cider-Glazed Ham
Sort By :
Made this for the holidays and it was a hit with my father- in- law he kept asking what I cooked it with. I omit the chili powder and vinegar and used Hard cider & regular cider....Yummy
Such a great, easy recipe! Made this for Christmas & it was a hit!
I make a similar recipe, though I don't use the chili powder or vinegar. Setting aside extra sauce for serving is a great idea. The apple pie spice adds a nice touch.
Very Good! Easy to follow instructions! Made it for Christmas and making it again for New Years.
Wonderful!! I cut back to only 1 tsp of Chili powder though...was very nice!! :D