When I wanted to try something new with our holiday ham, I created this cider glaze. It's slightly sweet but still has the spicy flavor my family craves. —Rebecca LaWare, Hilton, New York
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cider, honey, vinegar and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the butter, chili powder and apple pie spice. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- Cook the remaining sauce until thickened; spoon over ham. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Warm reserved sauce; serve with ham Yield: 10 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Apple Cider-Glazed Ham in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p48
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple Cider-Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review