- 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in. doughnut cutter.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 365°. Fry
- doughnuts, a few at a time, 1 minute on each side or until golden
- brown. Fry doughnut holes, a few at time, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each
- side or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper
- towels; cool slightly. If desired, dip tops of doughnuts into glaze.
- Yield: 1 dozen doughnuts plus doughnut holes.
Ginger-Sugar: In a shallow bowl, mix 3/4 cup sugar and 2-3 tablespoons ground ginger. Toss with warm doughnuts. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without glazes and Ginger-Sugar) equals 335 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.