Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- APPLE CIDER CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 2-1/4 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, cider and 1/4 cup butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread remaining butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine the apples, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. For frosting, place cider and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 20 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick; cool cider.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and reduced cider; beat until smooth. Spread over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Cider Cinnamon Rolls(5)
Sort By :
I loved this recipe. I brought this magazine a year ago and I was attracted to buy it because of the picture of these on the front. Finally got around to making it and I felt if you are a fairly decent baker it was easy to make and it tastes delicious! I cannot wait to share with my co workers tomorrow. Will totally keep this recipe in my baking pocket!
I didnt use the nut and used a little more apple....honey crisps....i loved this!
This is an awesome recipe! Use nice tart apples to increase their flavor. The frosting is amazing! It does take a long time to boil down but once it does..oh boy!
Couldn't taste the apples very much, there was too much brown sugar even after I reduced the amount. Also, the juices from the apples made everything run out the sides when I rolled it up, making a big mess.
These rolls are SO good and perfect for fall!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinnamon Rolls >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Rolls >