- flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll into a 15-in. x
- 10-in. rectangle. Spread remaining butter to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Combine the apples, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon;
- sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to
- seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. For
- frosting, place cider and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Bring
- to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 20
- minutes. Discard cinnamon stick; cool cider.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add
- confectioners’ sugar and reduced cider; beat until smooth. Spread
- over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll equals 540 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.