Apple Cider Biscuits
In Milford, Indiana, Harriet Stichter's family enjoys these tender, flaky biscuits warm from the oven. "We have a lot of apple trees, so we're always looking for apple recipes," she says. "This is a tasty way to use some of our cider."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cider just
- until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 8-10
- Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon; pierce
- tops of biscuits with a fork.
- Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 131 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.