- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cider just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 8-10 times.
- Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon; pierce tops of biscuits with a fork.
- Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Apple Cider Biscuits
"I made a couple of modifications to this recipe. I had apple juice on hand and substituted that for the apple cider. I also added the cinnamon to the dry ingredients instead of sprinkling them on the biscuits. They tasted like apple pie!"
"Yummy! I made these into a more savoury biscuit to accompany Cider Turkey soup; I omitted the cinnamon and instead stirred 1 Teas. dried Summer Savoury into the dry ingredients. Found these not to be as tender as biscuits that contain dairy, but tasty none the less! Will definitely make again."
"Absolutely awesome!! Really moist and tasty .... served them with the caramel apple jam (recipe from this site too) ... A keeper!!"