Apple Chutney Chops
“When my husband and I lived in South Carolina for a year, some friends served this apple chutney,” recalls Cher Anjema of Brampton, Ontario. “It became an instant favorite and tastes especially good in combination with rice. It's also great over poultry or beef. Serve it hot or cold.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples (3 to 4 apples)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight
- ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15
- minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add
- pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer
- reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with
- chutney. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.