Apple Chutney Chops
When my husband and I lived in South Carolina for a year, some good friends served this wonderful apple chutney and pork dish. It became an instant family favorite and tastes especially good served with Basmati rice. —Cher Anjema, Brampton, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples (3 to 4 apples)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight
- ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15
- minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add
- pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer
- reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with
- chutney. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.