When my husband and I lived in South Carolina for a year, some good friends served this wonderful apple chutney and pork dish. It became an instant family favorite and tastes especially good served with Basmati rice. —Cher Anjema, Brampton, Ontario
- 4 cups chopped peeled apples (3 to 4 apples)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with chutney. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Chutney Chops in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apple Chutney Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review