These scrumptious apple cookies never last for long in our cookie jar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cream and egg. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture. Fold in the apples, chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. For glaze, combine all ingredients; spread over cooled cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Apple-Chip Cookies in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p59
Reviews for Apple-Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review