Apple Chicken Slaw
Coleslaw mix and leftover cooked chicken make a quick salad combination for a busy-day dinner.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 5 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and mayonnaise. In a large
- bowl, combine the chicken, coleslaw mix and apple. Drizzle with
- dressing and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 266 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.