My sister came up with easy recipe that can be served as a main course or an appetizer. People are surprised by the combination of chicken, apples, tomatoes and corn inside the crispy tortillas, but they love it. —Stacia Slagle of Maysville, Missouri
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place about 3/4 cup on half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla in half over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully turn quesadillas over; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Discard toothpicks. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges. Serve with lettuce, salsa and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Chicken Quesadillas in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Apple Chicken Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review