Apple Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place about 3/4 cup on half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla in half over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Carefully turn quesadillas over; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until golden brown. Discard toothpicks. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges. Serve with lettuce, salsa and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
3 wedges equals 289 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Apple Chicken Quesadillas
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.