Apple Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first eight ingredients. Place 3/4 cup mixture on one half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas to close; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, 13-18 minutes, turning halfway through. Discard toothpicks. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 quesadilla: 300 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Reviews for Apple Chicken Quesadillas
"I was a little confused on how to cut the apples up (it specified sliced) but the dish was good. I wasn't sure how to approach putting the lettuce on it either so i just spread the sour cream on top of each slice then added the lettuce and topped with salsa. Good overall."
"Was good. Husband is not exactly a fan of quesadillas. Otherwise I would make it again."
"This has been a family favorite ever since the first time we tried it. The flavors are delicious, and I love how easy it is to put together."
"Made last night and the family loved them. I didn't use the tomatoes and brushed the outside of the tortillas with a little olive oil before baking. I will make again."
"A friend is recently diagnosed as diabetic so we're trying to find recipes that the whole gang will enjoy. This recipe meets that goal. A definite crowd pleaser."
"Light, tasteful, and easy!!! My family loved it."
"This recipe is delicious! I am very new to cooking and this was so easy! I left the corn out because I thought it would make it too sweet but my husband loved it! He went back for seconds :) I served it with salsa and guacamole and he was in heaven! I would definitely make it again!"
"Surprisingly delicious combination! I forgot to serve with the lettuce, salsa & sour cream and just ate them "plain" for dinner. I chopped my apples to 1/4" thick x 3/4" wide. I thought it was going to be a pain to stuff, fold, secure and flip but it wasn't. Delicious!!!"
"It was great! Everyone from the two year old to the teenager loved it!"
"Excellent! My family loved it! We followed the recipe exactly and found that the apple amount was perfect. Thank you for a wonderful dish."
"We loved it, but I will use less apple next time."
"They were just soooo good!"
"This was very good."
"So yummy and easy to make!"
"easy and delicious!"
"I made this recipe for my husband for lunch. It was so yummy! I love that there are so many veggies & fruits in them, sweet yet tasty! Great recpie!"
"We like these at our house. I didn't think my husband would, because the sweet/savory thing doesn't always fly with him. However, he really enjoyed these too. We serve with sour cream and guacamole, skipping the lettuce and the salsa."