- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, salsa and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together first eight ingredients. Place 3/4 cup mixture on one half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas to close; secure with toothpicks.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, 13-18 minutes, turning halfway. Discard toothpicks. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Chicken Quesadillas
"I was a little confused on how to cut the apples up (it specified sliced) but the dish was good. I wasn't sure how to approach putting the lettuce on it either so i just spread the sour cream on top of each slice then added the lettuce and topped with salsa. Good overall."
"Was good. Husband is not exactly a fan of quesadillas. Otherwise I would make it again."
"This has been a family favorite ever since the first time we tried it. The flavors are delicious, and I love how easy it is to put together."
"Made last night and the family loved them. I didn't use the tomatoes and brushed the outside of the tortillas with a little olive oil before baking. I will make again."
"A friend is recently diagnosed as diabetic so we're trying to find recipes that the whole gang will enjoy. This recipe meets that goal. A definite crowd pleaser."
"Light, tasteful, and easy!!! My family loved it."
"This recipe is delicious! I am very new to cooking and this was so easy! I left the corn out because I thought it would make it too sweet but my husband loved it! He went back for seconds :) I served it with salsa and guacamole and he was in heaven! I would definitely make it again!"
"Surprisingly delicious combination! I forgot to serve with the lettuce, salsa & sour cream and just ate them "plain" for dinner. I chopped my apples to 1/4" thick x 3/4" wide. I thought it was going to be a pain to stuff, fold, secure and flip but it wasn't. Delicious!!!"