Apple-Cherry Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1 small red apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Sprinkle pork chops with thyme and salt. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and let meat stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, combine the apple juice, apple, cherries and onion. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apple-Cherry Pork Chops
Sort By :
The pork was tasty but the apple sauce seemed to be missing something.
Tip, once you have cooked the pork chops put them in the oven at 300 wrapped in foil for around 40 minutes. During this time get you sauce and dressing going. I put more liquid in the sauce and then went to a reduction.....it is so good!!
My husband and I weren't impressed. The apple sauce was good, but the pork was bland. Taste of Home has an "Apple-Glazed Pork Chop" recipe that's way better!
I am advanced cook and baker. When I read these ingredients I knew immediately after browning the chops, they needed to go into aluminum foil and bake for about 30-40 minutes and I did just that. I triple the sauce since I did make 7 boneless pork chops. After baking I added them to the sacue for about 10 more minutes...Absolulety delicious, tender and it was yummy!! Thank you Doris I will be making this again!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >