- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine first four ingredients. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture and blend well.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine pie fillings, lemon juice and vanilla; spoon over batter.
- For topping, combine all ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and cake tests done. If necessary, cover edges with foil to prevent over-browning. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Cherry Cobbler
Sort By :
"I have been making this recipe for almost 20yrs, it is my husband's favorite. I always had trouble with the topping so I finally substituted dry yellow cake mix sprinkled over the top and then drizzle 1 stick of melted butter/margarine."
"Put together very quickly, I LOVE that! It's a KEEPER!"
"I substituted lite cherry pie filling and the result was very well received by 10 relatives. My two granddaughters, almost 4 and almost 2, thought it was delicious! Served it with vanilla ice cream & whipped cream."