Apple Cherry Cobbler Recipe
"THIS cobbler was always topped with fresh whipped cream that we skimmed from a milk pan kept cool in my uncle's pumphouse. We skimmed off that cream with a flat spoon and carried it to the kitchen to be whipped. Afterward, we could hardly wait for dessert to be served!"
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a bowl, combine first four ingredients. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture and blend well.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine pie fillings, lemon juice and vanilla; spoon over batter.
- 3. For topping, combine all ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and cake tests done. If necessary, cover edges with foil to prevent over-browning. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 194 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC