Apple Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a bowl, combine first four ingredients. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture and blend well.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine pie fillings, lemon juice and vanilla; spoon over batter.
- 3. For topping, combine all ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and cake tests done. If necessary, cover edges with foil to prevent over-browning. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 cup: 194 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Apple Cherry Cobbler
"I have been making this recipe for almost 20yrs, it is my husband's favorite. I always had trouble with the topping so I finally substituted dry yellow cake mix sprinkled over the top and then drizzle 1 stick of melted butter/margarine."
"Put together very quickly, I LOVE that! It's a KEEPER!"
"I substituted lite cherry pie filling and the result was very well received by 10 relatives. My two granddaughters, almost 4 and almost 2, thought it was delicious! Served it with vanilla ice cream & whipped cream."