Apple Cheesecake Recipe
After a big meal, this fluffy no-bake cheesecake with its deliciously different applesauce and peanut topping really hits the spot. It needs no crust, and the light cheese layer is smooth and creamy. -Adeline Piscitelli, Sayreville, New Jersey
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1-3/4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional whipped cream, cinnamon and peanuts, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice and sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cool slightly.
- 3. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature
- 4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture until smooth. Chill until for about 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in cream. Pour into a an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- 5. In a small saucepan over medium heat, brown peanuts in butter for 2 minutes. Add the applesauce, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Cool. Spread over top of cheesecake. Garnish with additional whipped cream, cinnamon and peanuts if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 215 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC