Apple Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1-3/4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional whipped cream, cinnamon and peanuts, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple juice and sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cool slightly.
- Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture until smooth. Chill until for about 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in cream. Pour into a an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, brown peanuts in butter for 2 minutes. Add the applesauce, brown sugar and cinnamon; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Cool. Spread over top of cheesecake. Garnish with additional whipped cream, cinnamon and peanuts if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Apple Cheesecake(2)
Sort By :
I made this recipe for Easter and man, it was the best. I love it and going to be making it again real soon. It is different, but a good different.
I saw where someone had said they hadn't seen where anyone liked it all together, well I did.
I MADE THIS CHEESECAKE AND EVERYTHING TURNED OUT, BUT LET ME TELL YOU IT JUST WASNT GOOD. THE FILLING WAS JUST OK AND THE TOPPING WASN NOT THAT GREAT. THE THING ABOUT IT IS JUST THAT THE 2 FLAVORS REALLY DID NOT EVEN GO TOGETHER WELL. THE PEOPLE WHO TRIED IT SAID THEY LIKED THE TOPPING, OR THAT THEY LIKED THE FILLING. NOT ONE PERSON LIKE THE 2 TOGETHER AND HAD TWO THAT SAID THEY DIDNT LIKE EITHER, ONE PERSON WHO SAID THEY LIKED IT. I THINK THAT PERSON WAS JUST TRYING TO BE NICE.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >