Apple Cheese Wraps Recipe
These tortilla-wrapped apple and cheese treats are a light alternative to apple pie, notes Grace Malone from Lafayette, Colorado. "They're also a fun brunch item," she says.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Add the apples, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- 2. Place each tortilla on a 12-in. square piece of foil. Top with about 1/4 cup apple mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up. Wrap in foil.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over wraps. Serve warm with whipped topping. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Apple Cheese Wraps
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC