Apple Cheese Wraps Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Add the apples, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- 2. Place each tortilla on a 12-in. square piece of foil. Top with about 1/4 cup apple mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up. Wrap in foil.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over wraps. Serve warm with whipped topping. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 wrap with 2 tablespoons whipped topping) equals 302 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.