Apple-Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
This deliciously different dessert comes courtesy of Athena Russell from Florence, South Carolina. A rugged-looking cake, it's great for brunch!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby cheese, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the apple, dates and walnuts.
- Spread half of the batter into a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup cheese. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Cheese Coffee Cake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p37
Reviews for Apple-Cheese Coffee Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Coffee Cake >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >