Apple-Cheddar Tossed Salad Recipe
"My mother makes this beautiful and colorful salad for all special occasions," notes Amy Osborne-Schebler of Davenport, Iowa.
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- HONEY DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apple, cheese and walnuts; set aside.
- 2. In a blender, combine the first eight dressing ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 410 calories, 34 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Cheddar Tossed Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC