"My mother makes this beautiful and colorful salad for all special occasions," notes Amy Osborne-Schebler of Davenport, Iowa.
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- HONEY DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apple, cheese and walnuts; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the first eight dressing ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Cheddar Tossed Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p52
Reviews for Apple-Cheddar Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2011
"Quick and easy recipe. The dressing is very sweet and I added a little extra lemon juice in order to balance the sweetness. Cheddar cubes are a nice addition and go well with the apples."