"My mother makes this beautiful and colorful salad for all special occasions," notes Amy Osborne-Schebler of Davenport, Iowa.
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- HONEY DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, apple, cheese and walnuts; set aside.
- In a blender, combine the first eight dressing ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Apple-Cheddar Tossed Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p52
Reviews for Apple-Cheddar Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2011
"Quick and easy recipe. The dressing is very sweet and I added a little extra lemon juice in order to balance the sweetness. Cheddar cubes are a nice addition and go well with the apples."